Things To Do In Reedsport Oregon - How Exactly Will I Be Spending My Time

/ Saturday, July 20, 2013 /
This summer Flor, Sam and I will be "getting" to spend a fair bit of time in Reedsport, OR. This is a work trip for Flor and Sam and I will be there for moral support.

Of course we (Sam & I) do not have to work so we're going to have to find as many interesting things as possible to fill the down time while the wife's "at the office".

Now, we haven't been to Reedsport yet but we will be there soon enough so this post is going to be a work-in-progress document where I take notes on options available to us. When we get there I may update this post with some thoughts on the experience... but then again I may not.

In any event for anyone visiting Reedsport (with a 2 year old especially) maybe you'll find this post useful.

And for all your friends/family out there who may be close by while we're there feel free to hit me up on FB so that we might meet up.

My Big List of Things To Do In Reedsport

Area Attractions
Dean Creek Elk Viewing Area
The Overlook Beach Hiking Trail
Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area
Umpqua Discovery Center (Meuseum)
Umpqua Lighthouse State Park
Loon Lake
Reedsport Skate Park
Bolon Island Tideways State Scenic Corridor

Annual Events
Annual Oregon Divisional Chainsaw Sculpting Championships (Father's Day Weekend)
Annual President's Day Weekend Wine, Beer, Seafood and Music Festival
Oceanfest (mid-July)
Dunefest (early-August)
Old Time Fiddlers Jamboree (mid-August)
Kool Coastal Nights Car Show (late-August)
Art by the Bay (labor day weekend)
Holiday Bazaar & Gingerbread House Contest (first weekend of December)

Check out the Reedsport/Winchester Bay Chamber of Commerce for more info on annual events: http://www.reedsportcc.org/pages/annual_events.php

Much like my last post on car washing I'll be updating this post periodically as I learn more about the area and figure out what kinds of activities we'll be more tempted to do.

Share this page on:
 
Copyright © 2013 Brian C Mounts, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger