My Simple Way To Prevent Coffee Jitters

/ Thursday, October 2, 2008 /
Over the past month I've found that coffee has been affecting me much more than it ever has before. I've even been eating breakfast in the morning and I still am feeling uncomfortably jittery by noon despite not drinking any more coffee than I have drunk in the past. It's been uncomfortable.

Additionally I've known for quite some time now, maybe a few years that if I don't have coffee in the morning I start getting terrible headaches in the afternoon and if I wait to long before indulging in the beautiful sludge then the headache will not wane but only get stronger.

I've decided to combat this by limiting my coffee intake.

Flor tells me that this is the first step in fighting an addiction; admitting you have a problem.

Well, OK. I guess I'm not as young as I used to be. I can't eat greasy burritos at 1am anymore and I guess I can't drink too much coffee anymore either.

Starting this morning I'm dumbing down my coffee with half decaf. At home I don't have any decaf so I will have to go buy some and mix the grind up. Maybe I'll look into Folgers’s 1/2 and 1/2 blend.

Anyway, I'll definitely have to update this situation as my experiment sets in. Hopefully I won't be too grumpy without it. :)

Share this page on:
 
Copyright © 2013 Brian C Mounts, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger