La Mesa Oktoberfest 2008

/ Friday, October 3, 2008 /

When I was a kid I lived (for a time) in Nurnberg, Germany. When I was in college I lived (for a time) in Vienna, Austria. In both of those places the locals speak German, they drink beer, and they eat sausages.

I learned just today that there is a big multitude of transplanted Germans living in Lakeside from my coworker who used to live there. This population probably is one of the reasons that Oktoberfest in La Mesa has been so popular for so long. It seems to be regarded as the best San Diego location for Oktoberfest and since it is right off the trolley line just 20 minutes from our condo by public transit we figured this would be a great outing to kick start the weekend.

Now I know Flor doesn’t drink beer but seriously; how could you turn down all those great sausages and liederhosen? :) Here’s to a great night out on the town. Who said married folk can’t get out and have a good time? The Mars Volta one night followed up with Polka the next. Prost!


Share this page on:
 
Copyright © 2013 Brian C Mounts, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger