Sony Ericsson HCB 150 - I Want One!

/ Tuesday, February 19, 2008 /
I understand that California is going through some law changes this summer. Everybody driving a car as of July 2008 needs to be using a hands free device if they are using a cell phone. I knew this a while back so I picked up a Parrot Drivers Headset so that I could start the hands free experience while driving a little early. I didn't realize this at the time but after it arrived I found out that my ears are strangely shaped and these in-the-ear buds don't stay in my ear; they just fall out.

Flor however had better luck with it and liked it nicely, it has a nice car charging dock for it so it's always charged and always has a placed to be stored while not driving so I gave it to her. Since then however I've been in the market for a new device. I don't really care for the standard over the ear models that are meant to be portable. I'm really only in this for a car kit. I don't want to have to worry about charging it and I don't want to have to worry about messing around with attaching it to my body... which led me to this awesome discovery of the Sony Ericsson HCB 150, which won't be released until the 2nd quarter of this year. I can't wait; I've fallen in love. This do-dad is looking awesome.

Bluetooth Car Speaker Phone
It's just a bluetooth speaker phone system for the cell. It attaches to the sunshade visor in the car, has a display showing who is calling, has a text to voice recognition and will hold a charge for ever and a day. It can even link up to multiple phones so we'll be able to pair it with Flor's phone too if we ever have to switch cars. Ohh yeah, did I mention how cool it looks. Check it out:


Sony Ericsson Bluetooth Speakerphone

Sony Ericsson HCB-150

Car Visor Speakerphone

...and from Sony's website:

HCB-150 Specs

Network Features
Bluethooth® Technology: Bluetooth® 2.0 + EDR3, Auto Pairing™ technology3, pair up to 5 phones3

Power
Battery Life (Approx): Talk time - Up to 9 hrs, Standby time - Up to 700 hrs
Battery Type: Li-Polymer 900mAh

Display
Technology: OLED display with tilt function

Weights and Measurements
Dimensions (Approx.): 130mm x 80mm x 25mm1
Weight (Approx.): 180g

Regarding the pending release of the HCB 150:
"Sony Ericsson has announced the new Bluetooth hands free Car Speakers HCB-150. The SE HCB-150 features a convenient text 2 speech feature & verbally alerts you who is calling. The Sony Ericsson HCB-150 has a talk time of up to 25 hours Yes 25 Hours & 700 hours standby time. The Bluetooth Car Speakerphone Sony Ericsson HCB-150 will be available globally from Q2 2008."


Share this page on:
 
Copyright © 2013 Brian C Mounts, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger