A Fine Engagement

/ Wednesday, September 19, 2007 /
Well I'm making the rounds over the past two days in making the general announcement of probably the biggest event in my life. I'm engaged! Amazing! I can hardly believe it myself. Anyway, I know I haven't posted to this blog in over three weeks so I figured I just get the big news out there first. I guess I'll even have to start posting again. I honestly never in tended on stopping like that; it just happened.

Below you will find the text to an email I sent out yesterday to eveybody in my Gmail contacts. I sent it to a few others that got bounced back to me so if you didn't get it I don't have your current email address. I'd love to have it so please send it on my way thanks.

-----------------------

I've got some big news that I've been sitting on for a few weeks now and I guess it's about time I start letting everybody know. I'm engaged!

Some of you know this already but some of your don't and since this is a mass email I'll indulge you all with a quick summary. My girlfriend for the past 15 months, Flor Rodriguez, said she would marry me late in the evening on the 31st of August. It was a special day as she was inducted into medical school the same day.

Interestingly, we have known each other since September of 2000 when we met in college. She was a Freshman and I was a Junior. We were only casual acquaintances at first as we merely worked together. Over the course of a few years we no longer worked together but we still were in occasional contact as we both had a few mutual friends. In time many of our friends were the same and we saw each other often. After roughly 5 years we became good friends when she was dating one of my good friends and I was trying to date her roommate. It didn't work though. :) Finally, last year in the Spring of 2006 both of us found ourselves hanging out together on a near daily basis. We began dating and have grown closer and closer ever since.

Flor is now in her first year of medical school and I am starting my fifth year working for Union Bank Of California. Virtually all of our close friends now are mutual friends and I attribute our relationship to them. If it wasn't for them I don't know how we would have ever found ourselves together. Thanks to all of you who I see on a routine basis, and to those of you who I haven't seen in a long time, thank you for all the great memories. I hope to stay in contact with you all.

We will have a small wedding in Mission Bay Park, San Diego, CA on December 16, 2007 assuming of course that all plans work out. Thanks again.

-Brian Mounts

P.S. - I'm working on a wedding website and will distribute the address to those that are interested. I also encourage you to respond back with contact information as I have not updated my address book in a looong time. :) And please feel free to forward this to others if you wish.



Share this page on:
 
Copyright © 2013 Brian C Mounts, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger