Death By Coffee

/ Friday, July 27, 2007 /
I met Aaron for lunch today. We decided to go to Blimpie's for their awesome sandwiches and then for their close proximity to Walmart. This of course allows us to kill two birds with one stone as after we ate we could then shop without leaving the building. Anyway, In case you didn't read Aaron's blog this morning he went to bed pretty late and only got about 3 hours of sleep last night so to replenish his sluggish body he wanted to get a Double Shot. Being the nice guy that he is he decided to buy me one too just for the heck of it.

Death By Coffee

This series of events got me thinking about the Starbucks Double Shot and how the caffeine in it works and then I remembered this cool Death By Caffeine calculator that I found via Healthbolt. Apparently this is a cool little calculator on the Energy Fiend website that calculates how much of something (anything) you would need to ingest to kill yourself with the caffeine content... assuming you could physically ingest that much of said item.


The site asks for your body weight and what product you are indulging yourself with and then calculates how much of that item would kill you via caffeine. Apparently since I weigh about 150lbs it would take 78.75 cans of Starbucks Double Shot to do me in. Since I drank down the one then that means I've got 1/78th closer to death, just 77 more to go! Check out the calculator here and for those interested in the positive side of coffee and caffeine check out his post on how coffee may extend your life. Ahhh. :)


Share this page on:
 
Copyright © 2013 Brian C Mounts, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger